Logo

Guided Pathways Scale of Adoption Training Webinar - Shared screen with speaker view
Janet Fulks
10:29
You have us all muted. So if you expect answers we are not able to speak.
Janet Fulks
11:03
Got it
Melinda Webb
12:53
Happy to do that
ConferCaption
24:01
representatives.
Melinda Webb
24:48
If you haven't already, feel free to submit SOAA questions to the link below, by Nov. 8th if possible: https://forms.gle/zoof9n7N8ZtNzVKAA
Rita Soultanian
28:52
Will you be sending a recording of this webinar to participants afterwards?
Stacy Teeters
29:33
Hi Rita. Yes--the webinar recording and supporting documents will be sent to participants afterwards.
Rita Soultanian
29:58
Thank you!
Luis Gonzalez
48:13
to clarify - will it be okay if we do not meet our anticipated progress by the listed projections?
Marty Alvarado
50:33
Great statement Janet! "Regular business is going to change with guided pathways"
Chris Hill
53:35
We are losing audio.
Rita Soultanian
53:44
Hi Janet, it seems like your audio is cutting in and out.
Irena Zugic
53:45
yes, it is breaking up
Lydia Gonzalez
53:49
Can't hear well
Jennifer Zellet
53:54
Hi Chris! Yes...Janet is cutting out
Madeline Medeiros
54:00
Yes, only getting bits and pieces.
Kelly Falcone
54:06
can’t hear anything
Thuy Trang
54:07
Breaking up
Veronica Cristellon
54:12
Me as well
Jeremy Brown
54:17
I can no longer here anything.
Kelly Falcone
54:29
good thing there are captions!
Jennifer Holmgren
54:44
Janet - you're going in and out. Will a transcript be provided for all the words/ideas shared will be known?
Irena Zugic
54:52
Which college is that? We are looking at improving our GP website
Matt Taylor
55:37
Was the website public facing? or internal?
Rita Soultanian
55:58
Ours at Saddleback is a shared internal drive.
Sunny Greene
57:01
Ours at Siskiyous is public facing; the GP Steering Committee has access to a shared internal drive
Melinda Webb
57:16
Is anyone having audio issues hearing Janet on this last and final slide: Scheduling the Governance Component ?
Lydia Gonzalez
57:35
sounds good now
Virginia May
57:36
I am having audio issues and am unsure of when to talk
Katie Brohawn
57:37
I was earlier but fine now
Natalie Nagthall
57:38
I hear her with no probs
Irena Zugic
57:47
now it is fine
Jamie Quiroz
57:56
I have no audio.
Thuy Trang
58:30
Jamie - click on "CC" - Closed Caption to at least be able to read
Alexander Casareno
58:34
Is Participatory Governance and BOT approved required for this SOAA? Why?
Melinda Webb
59:06
Sorry to hear that Jamie! I know it doesn't resolve the issue, but we are recording and will send the recorded webinar and presentation documents to all attendees
Alexander Casareno
01:00:42
What is being described here as a task may not be relevant to each college. We have been involved in GP for three years through the California Guided Pathways Project. We have a broad base involvement, and we are already institutionalizing much of our structure.
Christina Tafoya
01:00:43
The format of SOAA has had the changes. How do we find the latest version that will need to get board approval?
Lydia Gonzalez
01:01:33
I SO wish this was due in the summer so that we have all year to plan, update the document and get it through all of the committees.
Alexander Casareno
01:01:36
I know that you want to say this is for the college, but this process on this timeline is not for the college. It is for the Chancellor's office.
Jennifer Holmgren
01:02:08
Is this SOAA the one that we completed and submitted (not through NOVA) last spring? Or, are we to create a brand new one?
Stacy Teeters
01:02:11
Hi Christina. I will ask that the most updated version of the SOAA document also be sent out to the webinar participants with all of the other documents.
Courtney Williams
01:02:33
Thank you Stacy!!
Christina Tafoya
01:02:59
Perfect, thanks, Stacy!
Jennifer Holmgren
01:05:05
This timeline is very concerning. Faculty are not at colleges once the semester ends and are not returning until Feb (at our college). We most likely don't have the capacity to meet this timeline, input new/updated content, and vet with all constituent and governance groups. Someone suggested submitting in summer 2020, which seems much more reasonable.
Irena Zugic
01:05:24
What is the method of submitting SOAA on March 1st? Also, I am curious about Alexander's question as well if we absolutely need to have SOAA go through various governance processes before submitting to the Chancellor's Office?
Brian Sanders
01:06:54
These equity considerations are good. Are there fields in the FORM where we are supposed to include all this information and disaggregated data?
Steven Chan
01:08:21
I assume this is only college level submission, nit district level, right?
Lydia Gonzalez
01:08:26
I believe the equity questions are for guidance when filling out the SOAA. There is an explanation on page 2.
Alexander Casareno
01:08:29
Can NOVA allow us to submit graphics?
Jason Holloway
01:09:15
Will NOVA include a character limit in the responses? Just want to know if we are cutting and pasting from word.
Alexander Casareno
01:10:38
NOVA always limits by characters. Is that going to happen here?
Melinda Webb
01:11:14
Hello all - If you'd like, feel free to submit SOAA questions via the link below, by Nov. 8th if possible: https://forms.gle/zoof9n7N8ZtNzVKAA
Melinda Webb
01:12:13
We will have 2 follow up Q&A sessions to dig in to lots of questions!
Alexander Casareno
01:12:19
I like the success story option. But, will we be limited by characters for these stories?
Alexander Casareno
01:13:10
When is going to open so we can start now?
Jennifer Zellet
01:15:09
Why can't the scale have an in between choice? It's more accurate to say we are in between than to say we are or aren't proficient in a particular metric. If you want to report progress, that's the way to do it. It's a long way from no to yes, and the text fields often are sacrificed for the "objectivity" of numbers.
Alexander Casareno
01:15:37
If the Presidents (College and AS) are official approvers, can we submit for their approval before going to BOT?
Luis Gonzalez
01:15:58
good question Alexander
Alexander Casareno
01:16:43
Thank you Luis. But will we get an answer?
Luis Gonzalez
01:17:19
I hope so....(fingers crossed)
Rita Soultanian
01:17:19
It sounds like the second two webinars are dedicated to answering all questions. You can submit your questions to https://forms.gle/zoof9n7N8ZtNzVKAA
Rita Soultanian
01:17:36
The deadline to submit question is Nov. 8
Melinda Webb
01:19:12
Hi Alexander (Everyone) - We are keeping an eye on chat and tracking all questions. We will have two (2) Q&A sessions to address questions. More to come about the sessions towards the end! Hope this helps!
Sean Pepin
01:19:18
Thank you Rita, Yes, many more questions will be addressed at the follow up q&a sessions. The reason is because we need to be sure that you get the very best answer. So, if we have not addressed your question here, it is moving into our list of questions we want to follow up on at the next session.
Alexander Casareno
01:20:00
Thank you Melinda. I hope those sessions will be recorded.
Melinda Webb
01:20:06
Thanks Rita and Sean!
Melinda Webb
01:20:19
Yes, we plan to record those sessions as well :-)
Stacy Teeters
01:20:30
Thank you, Sean. And just to reiterate, we will also be recording the sessions and working on compiling the questions and responses into an FAQ document for the field.
Lydia Gonzalez
01:22:01
What did he just say about the verbage for equity questions? Will there be written narrative required?
Matt Taylor
01:22:12
can we print the data we add in nova to share with campus groups or do we use WORD, get campus approval and then add it into NOVA?
Jason Holloway
01:23:35
Will an error message show up if you forget to enter somethign into a field? Can some fields be left blank and the NOVA plan be submitted?
Jennifer Zellet
01:23:57
If we are submitting this in March, will the term and year choices be updated? I only saw 2019 as options as he was going through the drop down box.
Jennifer Zellet
01:24:40
Nevermind last question...
Jason Holloway
01:24:43
Is there a recommeded number of practices to denote?
Alexander Casareno
01:25:00
good question Jason. What is expected?
Irena Zugic
01:25:41
If Planning to Scale for example, can term dropdown NOT even show?
Irena Zugic
01:26:18
is there validation for the other two where Scaling the Progress and At Scale where it will warn us we need to complete those?
Lydia Gonzalez
01:26:19
Disregard my previous question. I see that the equity questions are just written at the top, no narrative required.
Libby Curiel
01:27:06
To Matt’s question, I’d recommend sharing a word document as it will be much easier to edit.
Thuy Trang
01:27:26
I agree with Libby
Sean Pepin
01:27:28
For equity, there is no narrative required; however, we would encourage teams to infuse equity into responses (based on your locally defined equity and data).
Duane Rumsey
01:33:29
HI all. On your campuses regarding your program maps for AA/AS/ADT degrees, are you selecting or recommending specific GE courses in the Areas? Such as: Area 4 Social and Behaviorial Science, and let's say the faculty in Philosophy recommend SOC 101 even though there are over 20 other courses that would satisfy Area A4. Or, are you simply stating something like "select a course from Area A4"??
Brian Sanders
01:33:54
Do the president and AS president approve BEFORE or AFTER the Board of Trustees?
Alex Adams
01:34:06
When will the Word template be sent out?
Duane Rumsey
01:34:32
For the hosts, did you mention a final year in which the $$ must be spent?
John Beach
01:39:19
When you share, in what format does the recipient receive the information? Word, PDF, within an email? What does the recipient see?
Irena Zugic
01:39:33
so when we click submit, it will go to the President and AS president for approval automatically?
Randy Brown
01:39:48
I don't seem to be able to edit our SOAA on NOVA, is it open now for all colleges or do I not have access?
Krista Johns
01:40:20
On this question, it may be easier to view the college and senate "approvals" in Nova as more of the certification to the CCCCO. When going to the BOT, the AS and College President are likely going to want to affirm finalization of the process and completion of college approvals.
Stacy Teeters
01:41:04
Hi Alex--we will be sending out the Word template with the rest of the webinar supporting documents this week, most likely within a day or two after the recording is finalized and saved.
Alex Adams
01:41:26
Thank you!
Luis Gonzalez
01:43:27
it seems more likely that our BOT wouldn't be informed on the granular level of our college work on GP and perhaps for them it is more of an informational item. The true approval is local for each college's participatory governance process and even then the work group that has worked on GP day to day would the most informed on the progress of our work
Melinda Webb
01:43:44
Please feel free to submit questions via the link below, by Nov. 8th if possible: https://forms.gle/zoof9n7N8ZtNzVKAAWe will have 2 follow up Q&A sessions to dig in to lots of questions!
Melinda Webb
01:44:11
I have included the link a few times throughout the chat for easy reference :-)
Virginia May
01:44:41
You can also email the ASCCC at info@asccc.org for assistance.
John Beach
01:44:42
Could you please send the link to NOVA through the chat?
Stacy Teeters
01:45:02
In case you need to contact your Regional Coordinators, our contact information is available on this page: https://cccgp.cccco.edu/coordinators-map
Randy Brown
01:45:27
I can get into the GP module but cannot edit the fields
Thomas Ponik
01:46:19
Here's the link to NOVA:https://nova.cccco.edu/login?returnUrl=%2F
John Beach
01:46:28
thanks
Stacy Teeters
01:46:52
Make sure to register for the sessions, even if you cannot attend. This will ensure that you get documents and recording links.
Irena Zugic
01:46:59
can we see the slide with contact info again?
Melinda Webb
01:47:01
Hi Randy - please connect with Tom Ponik he can assist you!
Rebecca Stein
01:47:06
What is the link to register for the Q&A sessions?
Veronica Cristellon
01:47:06
thank you very much for the session
Rita Soultanian
01:47:09
Can you show Thomas's contact info again?
Virginia May
01:47:12
Thank you, everyone!
Melinda Webb
01:47:37
tponik@cccco.edu
Jennifer Holmgren
01:47:41
Should we sign up for all 3 or are they the same
Rita Soultanian
01:47:57
Thanks, @Melinda!
Libby Curiel
01:47:58
https://cccconfer.zoom.us/meeting/register/cf52c148ac2ee4a3dc2040ba88984b7b
Stacy Teeters
01:48:02
I would suggest registering for both sessions.
Jennifer Holmgren
01:48:07
Thank you!
Libby Curiel
01:48:08
https://cccconfer.zoom.us/meeting/register/b9f99a0a7577e2c7d746f627e8486654
Melinda Webb
01:48:09
They will have different questions
Sabrina Jimenez
01:48:26
Thank you!
Melinda Webb
01:48:33
So you are welcome to attend both