Logo

Re-Opening Plan: Listening Session - Shared screen with speaker view
Ahmad Ameerzada
01:34:12
Good Morning and Happy New year to everyone
mike
01:34:22
good morning!
Lori Petite
01:34:26
Good morning everyone! :)
Antonio López
01:34:30
Howdy, Folks!
Monica Souza
01:34:41
yes, happy new year and good morning
Lara Gary
01:34:44
Good morning, everybody!
Brian Mom
01:34:44
Good morning!
SCC - Leila Stone
01:34:48
Good morning everyone!! Happy New Year!
George Lam
01:34:57
Good morning and happy new years to all.
Liliana Mendoza (She/Hers/Ella)
01:35:05
Kualli tlanezi/good morning to you all! :)
Karen Tercho
01:35:19
Good morning all. Happy spring semester!
Patricia Harris-Jenkinson
01:35:29
Good morning!
Belinda Lum-she/her/hers
01:35:32
Morning everyone
Viviane Ngassam
01:35:33
Good morning and Happy New Year everyone
Jesus Martinez
01:35:35
sign in form yet?
Kathryn Stanton
01:35:55
Hi All!
iPhone Manjit Sekhon
01:36:08
GM everybody
Kaitlyn Collignon
01:36:09
https://inside.scc.losrios.edu/collegewide/reopening-plan
Rosa Rose
01:36:13
Good morning
Sue Hussey
01:36:23
Good morning. Thanks for holding this event.
karen
01:36:56
Good morning! from Karen Burrell
Adrian Chevraux-FitzHugh
01:37:22
Greetings and hope 2021 is off to a good start.
Ada Hoerl
01:38:12
Good morning to all!
Ken "KT" Times
01:38:41
Good morning SCC
Gayle Pitman
01:38:58
Good morning everyone! Welcome back.
Michie Montgomery
01:39:47
Good morning everyone! It's so nice to "see" SCC
Grace Austin
01:39:53
Happy 2021 everyone. Looking forward to a better year
mike
01:39:57
oops. sorry. 😬
Mimi
01:39:58
Hi
. (^_^) .林秉毅. (^_^) .
01:40:05
Good morning Everyone
Kaitlyn Collignon
01:41:14
Reopening Webpage: https://inside.scc.losrios.edu/collegewide/reopening-plan
Lan
01:43:54
effectiveness
Martha Goff
01:43:58
I support ALL of these guiding principles but especially safety
Ann Lewis
01:44:05
safety
Clark Hillenbrand
01:44:07
Good morning!
Gayle Pitman
01:44:07
Robust constituency group input
Sue Hussey
01:44:08
student success
Kirt Shearer
01:44:21
We NEED to make lab classes priority. They are dying online.
Lan
01:44:25
flexibility
Dana Armstrong
01:44:33
Safety and student success
Deborah Saks
01:44:35
Differing needs
Martha Goff
01:44:35
safety and transparency
Diana Zaragoza (she/her)
01:44:37
Consistency and protocols
Belinda Lum-she/her/hers
01:44:38
Robust and meaningful stakeholder engagement
Pamela Posz
01:44:40
better communication
Thomas Burg
01:44:41
Being able to maintain a program that is accredited by 3rd party organizations.
Lori Petite
01:44:43
student involvement
Dr. Norman Lorenz
01:44:46
Physical, mental health, and basic needs awareness
Nadine Kirkpatrick
01:44:47
Consistency
Nicole Woolley
01:44:53
Who exactly is on the reopening committee?
Diana - Davis Center
01:44:54
flexibility
Belinda Lum-she/her/hers
01:44:54
Inclusiveness
SCC - Leila Stone
01:44:56
flexibility
Gayle Pitman
01:44:57
contingency planning
Antonio López
01:44:58
resources for students
Alex Cervantes
01:44:58
Flexibility
Tammie Lane
01:44:59
training with regard to infection control
Tami Conger
01:45:03
Equity
Deborah Saks
01:45:05
Not one size fits all
Linda Myers
01:45:08
Safety first, then safety first, finally, safety first
Nadine Kirkpatrick
01:45:10
Coordination with school schedules of children
Tony Davis
01:45:12
anti-racist "Practices" focusing on Black and African American student success.
Susan Griffin
01:45:13
I agree with safety and flexibility
Pamela Lindell
01:45:14
Safety
Pamela Posz
01:45:15
new governance structures for this
Jennifer L.
01:45:17
transparency and better communication across the campus
Diana - Davis Center
01:45:17
Understanding
Melodi Randolph
01:45:19
Keep in mind the health professions that need to have students on ground sooner rather than later!
Diana Zaragoza (she/her)
01:45:22
YES! Equity
Andre Bazos
01:45:26
Keeping more of our classes online to help us safely transition.
Nadine Kirkpatrick
01:45:41
Slow and steady instead of too quick
Loretta
01:45:43
Safety in general areas - Library, Tutoring, Labs, etc.
Liz Stevenson
01:45:44
faculty and staff equity and accessibility.
Mae Handy
01:45:45
Open campus, public control
Clark Hillenbrand
01:45:48
Safety, Equity for ALL students and Fac/Adjunct/Staff including Disabled/Deaf & Blind
Carmen Hirkala
01:45:53
Longevity and Consistency of plans
Chris Seddon
01:46:08
Safety, Equity, Student-Focused, Broad-Based Participation
Paul Manriquez
01:46:08
open up in phases, keeping safety as the number 1 consideration
Melodi Randolph
01:46:13
Ditto: one size doesn't fit all!
Deborah Knowles
01:46:24
Incorporate hybrid-ness - we have learned some good things from remote work.
kandy umphred
01:46:30
staff safely and flexibility
Thomas Burg
01:46:31
FAA Aircraft Dispatcher program will be lost if not on ground. Students will have lost out-of-pocket money.
Lily Xu
01:46:32
flexibility
Lily Xu
01:46:34
Ditto: one size doesn't fit all!
Wendy Gomez RN
01:46:41
Trust that the campus is doing their best to keep all safe.
Gioia Fonda
01:46:42
Flexibility when is comes to DE certification in this transition period
Lori Petite
01:46:50
X, Y, Z plans for implementation.
Diana - Davis Center
01:46:57
slow, mixed opening
Gayle Pitman
01:47:00
What Lori said
Carmen Hirkala
01:47:10
Flexibility in Staff Scheduling
Liz Stevenson
01:47:14
we're not going back to normal. let's incorporate improvements in remote work.
Belinda Lum-she/her/hers
01:47:16
Agree with Lori Petite
Pamela Posz
01:47:24
what Lori said
Riad Bahhur
01:47:25
trauma informed/conscious
Liz Stevenson
01:47:35
no more paper triplicate forms!
Belinda Lum-she/her/hers
01:47:52
meaningful engagement with all collective bargaining units and senates
Ann Lewis
01:48:00
yes Riad
Duane Leonard
01:48:01
trauma informed/conscious -- I agree Riad!
Alan Keys
01:48:02
Hybrid or hi-flex models for on-ground lab instruction
Kaitlyn Collignon
01:48:04
Reopening Webpage: https://inside.scc.losrios.edu/collegewide/reopening-plan
Virginia May
01:48:18
Faculty Support
Patricia Harris-Jenkinson
01:48:24
More hybrid classes
Carmen Hirkala
01:48:32
Agree with Riad-trauma response
Lily Xu
01:48:33
Depends on the discipline
Thomas Burg
01:48:39
I want to know how much of the last year's worth of planning is informing this discussion? I've had multiple plans approved at the campus level, and shot down by District. Are you asking me to reinvent the multiple sets of wheels I've already developed?
Michie Montgomery
01:48:50
Do we have a sensible way to sanitize our facilities?
Pamela Posz
01:49:00
regular communication/ reporting on plans
Nicole Woolley
01:49:16
Does the reopening committee include classified and faculty members? I don’t see that on the website and that representation is crucial.
Amy Jones
01:49:17
role in community (ie. we are a connector for many students to food, housing, health and mental health services, support, jobs etc.)
Craig Davis
01:49:18
As some have stated - all constituencies should be involved in this process, not through "listening sessions" but actual engagement in devising the plan to move forward.
Martha Goff
01:49:21
agree with Pam P
Debora Loomis
01:49:32
Vaccinations and who has gotten them
Diana - Davis Center
01:49:38
increased funding for operations to staff and purchase all the necessities to make the Return safe and stable
Kathryn Stanton
01:49:40
Agree w/Craig Davis.
Clark Hillenbrand
01:49:47
What are we, the fan/adjunct supposed to do if students or anyone refuse to wear masks in classes? Who will the college support?
Toni Newman
01:49:49
trauma informed conscious, flexibility, equity, mental health, basic need services,
Kris Janssen
01:49:59
agree with Craig Davis.
Pamela Posz
01:50:05
we need a team to run the committee that includes more than just admins
Martha Goff
01:50:08
make sure classified have a significant input since we spend the most time on campus, more than students or faculty
Brian Mom
01:50:17
Amen Craig!
Nicole Sivell
01:50:22
Agree with Deborah Loomis- vaccinations and who has gotten them
Lori Petite
01:50:26
Agree with Craig. involvement, beyond buy-in, is essential.
Ann Lewis
01:50:34
yes Craig
Rosa Rose
01:50:37
I agree with Martha Goff
Velisa Robertson
01:50:38
safety with understanding
Susan Griffin
01:50:43
Nicole’s question about committee compositon is a good one
Alan Keys
01:50:43
SCC local control of reopening planning and process with multiple stakeholder group participation
Viviane Ngassam
01:50:44
Plan to keep classroom and lab cleaned and sanitized
Duane Leonard
01:50:45
agree Craig.
Clark Hillenbrand
01:50:50
Agree with Craig
Pamela Posz
01:50:57
agree with Alan
Kathryn Stanton
01:50:57
Would like to see vaccination education District-wide. There is enormous distrust (equity) and misinformation abounds.
Diana - Davis Center
01:51:03
agree with Martha
Lara Gary
01:51:06
Agree with Craig Davis
Gayle Pitman
01:51:17
I think we need to set up a college-level planning team that engages with the district reopening team.
Carmen Hirkala
01:51:22
Need Classified/Faculty members on the Covid Re-Opening Committee
Sandra Guzman
01:51:25
Concerns about 8 hour day in close proximity to multiple students in enclosed office space (Counselors) vs. classroom spaces.
Pamela Posz
01:51:31
each campus is different as we saw with the parking changes
Maureen Dana
01:51:33
Agree with Craig and Gayle
Anita Sanders
01:51:38
safety, communication, hybrid transition, equity, flexibility
Deborah Knowles
01:51:46
Thoroughly DEEP clean the campus now, while it is empty.
Jennifer L.
01:51:50
return to work on ground phrase by phrase
David Fabionar
01:51:52
Agree with Gayle
Amy Strimling
01:51:53
Let’s think out side the box.Set up outside learning and studying areas
Nicole Woolley
01:51:57
Please read Craig Davis comments. He is correct.
Velisa Robertson
01:52:00
space is main concern
Diana - Davis Center
01:52:02
expand on Carmen's - classified/faculty committee PER site
HANNIA Parker
01:52:03
Protocols if some one test positive.
Jessica Coppola
01:52:03
I hope that faculty and staff will have choices about when to return to campus.
Nadine Kirkpatrick
01:52:13
Yes, Jess
Laurie Perry
01:52:14
The Child Development Center is vital in many ways. Our youngest learners are falling behind during online learning. Equity starts in preschool and carries on through a child's education. Student parents need child care whether they are taking classes online or in person. The center serves our most vulnerable groups of students.
Mark Boguski
01:52:15
Vaccinations—can the school have anything to do with administering them?
Carmen Hirkala
01:52:16
agreed Diana
Diane Belair
01:52:20
Agree with Sandra G.
Kris Janssen
01:52:21
Keep in mind: we will not be out of this "pandemic" for quite awhile...even with a vaccine. Each area has every different physical differences. Many students do prefer the online access (via phone, Zoom, email) have become the preferred method to connect with the college...
Rosa Rose
01:52:25
Agree with Hannia
Diana - Davis Center
01:52:25
agree Amy!
Viviane Ngassam
01:52:33
Less paper and more online filling form.
Kathryn Stanton
01:52:38
Agree w/Laurie Perry re: childcare
Ann Lewis
01:52:38
yes Sandra - it’s the close confinement aspect that bothers me - counselors and adults office hours.
Lan
01:52:38
agreed with Craig. non instructional department should be able to propose the plan under the guidelines by DO/ college
Jennifer L.
01:52:53
workspace for employees.
Monica Souza
01:52:59
safety, mandatory on ground classes/labs, flex work schedules, participatory governance in all stages, communication/transparency
JoAnna Prado
01:53:09
Agree Laurie Perry
Diana - Davis Center
01:53:12
We need to hear what students want as well - f2f, hybrid, online, outside classes
Clark Hillenbrand
01:53:12
What s the role of Union in this process?
Thomas Burg
01:53:14
Why are we doing this? Can no one simply make a decision?
Martha Goff
01:53:14
strict rules about behavior on campus...everyone masked without exception and NO coming to work or school while sick. I’m tired of catching bugs ... my immune system has had enough of a college education
Belinda Lum-she/her/hers
01:53:20
With all due respect, the lack of any representation of Faculty and classified union and senate representation on this district committee is problematic
Michael Iredale
01:53:41
What Belinda said
Alan Keys
01:53:41
agree with Belinda
Patrick McDonald
01:53:46
will vaccination be required to return? having had a bad reaction to medicine years ago I avoid medicine as much as possible and would like to see What happens to others in my medical boat before getting a shot.
Nadine Kirkpatrick
01:53:50
Remember that not everyone is safe to get the vaccine - some people have very strong reactions.
Ann Lewis
01:53:59
yes Belinda. my fear too.
Nadine Kirkpatrick
01:54:00
Yes, Patrick
Kris Janssen
01:54:02
Wow! Could have written my previous post SO much better. No L&L faculty corrections, please. LOL
Viviane Ngassam
01:54:07
No share work desk for employees
Deborah Knowles
01:54:10
Agree with Kris re some students are preferring online access and built their lives around it. Students’ education was disrupted, and some have adapted and found better access in many ways.
Nicole Woolley
01:54:12
How do we volunteer for the committee?
Lori Petite
01:54:14
HVAC systems across the college should be tested, inspected, and calibrated to ensure that adequate ventilation and air quality is consistent and meets indoor requirements.
Linda Costello
01:54:18
I teach in the business building which is a very old building. I'm concerned about the air circulation in the building. The air systems need to be regularly cleaned and filters changed regularly.
SCC-User
01:54:19
Rather than a blanket shut down, a staged reopening by class/facility that incorporates sanitation, distancing by max enrollment, outdoor classes and hybrid alternatives
Alexis Ackerman
01:54:29
safety/hygiene: there is widespread concern among science faculty about poor ventilation in classrooms in Lillard Hall and Temp-11. classes run back to back all day, and the moist stuffy air from rooms full of breathing people is palpable by afternoon classes. Very concerning given airborne nature of the virus.
Kathryn Stanton
01:54:31
Agree w/Lori P. re: HVAC
Sandra Ruedas
01:54:31
Option to work from home
Ann Lewis
01:54:32
absolutely Lori
Michelle Poliseno
01:54:33
Agree with Lori
Kris Janssen
01:54:39
Thank you, Belinda!
Deborah Saks
01:54:45
Not every division works the same way. Perhaps we allow divisions (Faculty, staff, and administrators) could propose what is best for them.
Rosa Rose
01:54:50
agree w/Sandy Ruedas
Gioia Fonda
01:54:57
Agree about ventilation and HVAC
Pamela Posz
01:54:58
what Belinda said
Liz Stevenson
01:54:59
agree with Lori!!!
David Fabionar
01:55:02
Agree with Lori
Deborah Knowles
01:55:04
Yes Sandra Ruedas
Patricia Harris-Jenkinson
01:55:07
Yes, HVAC!
Martha Goff
01:55:11
make sure that the streamlined work procedures developed during the pandemic stay in place... no going back to paper forms and cumbersome bureaucratic procedures
Nicole Woolley
01:55:13
Agree with Belinda: With all due respect, the lack of any representation of Faculty and classified union and senate representation on this district committee is problematic
kandy umphred
01:55:13
continues of distanced work and flexibility, safety and work load
Carmen Hirkala
01:55:15
Physical Engineered Controls are the most important safety feature-ie. Ventilation
SCC - Leila Stone
01:55:16
95% effectiveness of vaccine, proximity to students in office while counseling concerns me.
Clark Hillenbrand
01:55:17
Agree with LORI
Diana - Davis Center
01:55:19
allowance for smaller class sizes should for smaller classrooms
Linda Costello
01:55:20
I think classrooms must be cleaned frequently - sanitizing wipes and hand cleaners should be provided in each room
Viviane Ngassam
01:55:25
Option to work from home as well as on the campus
Nadine Kirkpatrick
01:55:31
Keep many meetings online
Melodi Randolph
01:55:42
TOTALLY agree w/ Deb . . . each Division needs to work individually as their needs are different!
Laura S Wong
01:55:42
option to work at home
Brian Mom
01:55:44
Good point Deb Saks
mike
01:55:45
I agree with Lori on HVAC systems.
HANNIA Parker
01:55:48
Are we hiring more custodians? we were short before even to just pick up the trash every day, we need daily office sanitizing. The offices are not dust or carpet vacuumed.
Virginia May
01:55:52
Faculty, classified staff and students need to serve on planning committees.
Sandra Guzman
01:56:01
^ Meetings seem to work online! (For staff/faculty)
Amy Strimling
01:56:08
Look at what Cypress College did
Amy Strimling
01:56:10
https://www.cypresscollege.edu/2020/10/19/cypress-college-opens-new-study-space-to-serve-students-impacted-by-covid-and-wfh/?fbclid=IwAR1kkZE7bGTr27mP2mze-A9MBzfsUhfNh2JCAKlA6jyqX5WGPgsSVLNikK4
Kathryn Stanton
01:56:11
Agree w/Hannia re: Custodians!
Deborah Knowles
01:56:13
Include students’ voice in the the planning, too.
Michael Iredale
01:56:14
Ensuring that those who are taking students into healthcare setting and the students have access to adequate PPE
Patricia Harris-Jenkinson
01:56:24
Consider needs of disabled students; provision of "shields" that will allow faculty to teach without having to wear a mask that makes it difficult for some students to read lips/see nonverbals that are important to understand material.
Ahmad Ameerzada
01:56:27
We should have both options on the ground and virtual available for the employees
Monica Souza
01:56:29
More staff for cleaning the campus - especially the classrooms and bathrooms
Baleria
01:56:37
Agree about HVAC
. (^_^) .林秉毅. (^_^) .
01:56:38
please send out the link to the student listening session so I can put it on my CANVAS
Alan Keys
01:56:38
Chat is overwhelming. Can we stop, discuss, and listen with voices to some top concerns?
Martha Goff
01:56:38
yes Laura S Wong... we’ve been working from home which the district always strictly prohibited for classified... this option should be preserved
Thomas Burg
01:56:43
Why?....We've been in the weeds and documenting ways out for months. Are you taking those plans into account?
Velisa Robertson
01:56:43
option to work from home
Diana - Davis Center
01:56:57
agree with Hannia. Operations needs more funding to hire staff to support ALL of this!
Ann Doersch
01:57:04
Agree with Lori re HVAC systems.
Sarah
01:57:11
Agree with Hannia
Linda Delgadillo
01:57:19
Hannia, I am on campus frequently, its hard to get the trash dumped. I asked for a few weeks!
SCC - Leila Stone
01:57:20
Protecting family members who are more vulnerable. Fear of bringing virus back to family, how could safety be assured.
Duane Leonard
01:57:23
Thank you Thomas
Chris Seddon
01:57:24
It has been said repeatedly but representatives from all constituency groups should be leading this effort, not just providing feedback.
Martha Goff
01:57:25
yes
Pamela Posz
01:57:28
given how different the spaces are on campus we need real input from everyone in those spaces
Wendy Gomez RN
01:57:33
Adequate Health and Wellness Services staff to handle the covid concerns. Really need the second nurse hire before reopening.
Brian Mom
01:57:34
Thanks Amy...looks like a good idea
Dena Chubbic
01:57:51
Allow anonymous feedback
Michael Iredale
01:57:51
What Wendy said
Susan Griffin
01:57:53
I agree with Deb that different divisions and even areas within divisions operating differently, so there needs to be some flexibility to figure out what works for specific areas. Our operation, for instance, is based on two people sitting right next to each other at a table for about an hour. That is likely something we won’t be able to do in person for quite a while.
Chris Seddon
01:57:54
Agree with Pam : “given how different the spaces are on campus we need real input from everyone in those spaces”
SCC - Leila Stone
01:57:57
Absolutely Wendy Gomez!
Rosa Rose
01:58:04
yes to Wendy
Martha Goff
01:58:06
Yes Nadine ... meetings should remain online or at least have that option
Jennifer L.
01:58:08
hybrid work options: on ground or work from home.
Dyan Pease
01:58:19
Proper Ventilation in the buildings is of key importance to me
. (^_^) .林秉毅. (^_^) .
01:58:21
need to consider staff and faculties' age, health needs and vulnerabilities.
Craig Davis
01:58:25
It seems that one of the largest issues that has come up so for in the chat is that the district has set up this process to be completely "controlled" by administration. that needs to change. We all know that larger committees can have drawbacks, but not having any faculty or staff involved in planning beyond listening and feedback is problematic at best. this is the first thing that needs to be changed.
Nicole Williams
01:58:33
Would it be possible to do a session just for classifieds?
Pamela Posz
01:58:33
the lack of input from anyone other than administrators is hugelyand needs to change ASAP
Liz Stevenson
01:58:39
agree with Susan, tutoring can't be in person.
iPhone Manjit Sekhon
01:58:46
Agreed with Ahmed
Pamela Posz
01:58:52
hugely problematic
Clark Hillenbrand
01:58:54
We must remember the majority of our students are POC, their safety must be considered since there s bias in healthy system especially in ICU and not only that but for disabled people including Deaf/Blind people. Their lives are equally important!
Kathryn Stanton
01:58:54
Again, agree w/Craig D.
Lara Gary
01:58:57
Thank you, Craig!
kandy umphred
01:59:04
continuing to work remotely
Carmen Hirkala
01:59:05
Wendy Gomez needs additional help/support
Rosa Rose
01:59:09
yes to craig
Mae Handy
01:59:13
Cosmetology Services
Michie Montgomery
01:59:16
Is there a way we could get testing on campus or vaccines? Keeping our underprivileged students safe and healthy is important.
Karen Tercho
01:59:21
Make committee & workgroup meetings online the rule rather than the exception. Ongoing trust for employees to be productive working from home when they don’t need to be on campus. Big safety measures for all depts. that interact with students such as LRC, Counseling. Careful attention to and upgrades for HVAC. Some of our buildings are OLD including the LRC (some still think of the LRC as relatively “new” LOL). What Toni said: trauma informed conscious, flexibility, equity, mental health, basic needs services —> students.
Pamela Posz
01:59:25
more support for Wendy
Liz Stevenson
01:59:28
yes, Clark!!
Kathryn Stanton
01:59:28
Agree w/Michie.
Martha Goff
01:59:40
could this chat be captured and sent to us all after the meeting please?
karen
01:59:40
We have an open campus-how do we make sure vendors, community members including the unhoused, construction workers etc are compliant with our campus health and safety protocols?
Diana - Davis Center
01:59:40
Agree with Carmen - Health Services will also need increased staffing!!!!!!
Liz Stevenson
01:59:54
accessibility must not be an afterthought.
Patricia Harris-Jenkinson
01:59:55
Ditto, Karen, on meetings being, by default, online.
Nicole Sivell
02:00:00
Strongly agree with Michie, on-campus testing and vaccinations would make a huge difference
Nicole Williams
02:00:02
To clarify, the leadership from the 4 colleges are reporting the gathered information back to DO?
Sue Hussey
02:00:33
Planning by Division/Departments as everyone will have different needs
sadat zarek
02:00:35
I agree with Laurie Perry/Child Care. families at child center are mainly essential workers or students beside the fact that our children are falling behind since virtual learning is harder for younger children.
Martha Goff
02:00:37
will vaccinations be available on campus?
David Lockwood
02:00:39
For those of us that cannot take the vaccine and a doctor has recommended avoiding wearing masks for health reason, what can be done to ensure we do not get shunned or penalized because of medical reasons?
. (^_^) .林秉毅. (^_^) .
02:00:49
need to allow flexibility for staff and faculty to work from home or hybrid as needed
Craig Davis
02:00:51
great point michie - if we are truly a community college are we working with public health to be a resource?
Virginia May
02:01:16
I don’t know how the college/district can actually enforce proper mask-wearing. Has this been discussed?
Riad Bahhur
02:01:49
Since there is no “going back,” this is more of a revisioning and therefore requires more collaboration in planning, not just feedback sessions. Vision requires a broader group, and more local (vs. only districtwide) visioning and then planning.
Clark Hillenbrand
02:01:49
Agree with Virginia
Alan Keys
02:02:06
Agree with Riad
Kathryn Stanton
02:02:07
Agree w/Riad.
Patricia Harris-Jenkinson
02:02:12
Yes, Agree with Ginny.
Lara Gary
02:02:12
Agree with Riad
Clark Hillenbrand
02:02:15
agree with Riad
Ada Hoerl
02:02:19
Rethinking "normal" by incorporating the multiple quality online practices we have developed on the last several months in all areas. We shouldn't be trying to replicate the past because the pandemic has forced us to evolve. Collectively we have created academic improvements and access, process efficiencies, etc. We have a great opportunity here! Let's no lose this to fear, control, rigidity, or regressive thinking. Pursuing excellence...
Pamela Lindell
02:02:19
Yes Riad
SCC - Leila Stone
02:02:33
Yes Riad.
Adrian Chevraux-FitzHugh
02:02:37
Agree with meetings online- limit bodies on campus and good for the environment.
Antonio López
02:02:42
Agree with Nicole, Craig, Belinda, Pam, and other's call for faculty and classified representation. The situation is not hypothetical. Different spaces and services call for direct consultation with those who actually know those spaces and services.
Deborah Knowles
02:02:48
Yes Ada
Toni Newman
02:02:51
Increase support in health services, agree with Carmen.
Ashley Gibbs
02:02:53
Follow suggestions of the content experts we have available to us (i.e. medical professionals currently planning COVID response at DO level who have already handled infectious disease outbreaks). Make sure they are always a part of these discussions as they often have helpful information regarding the current status of vaccines, infection rates, etc. and also can provide a broader view of how reopening have been structured historically. We have so many students who attend multiple colleges within LRCCD so the roll-out needs to be consistent across the district.
Rosa Rose
02:03:18
yes Belinda
Pamela Posz
02:03:19
what Belinda is saying
Virginia May
02:03:22
Thank you, Belinda!
Pamela Posz
02:03:23
ASAP
Lara Gary
02:03:25
Thank you, Belinda!
Karen Tercho
02:03:31
Ditto Belinda
SCC - Leila Stone
02:03:32
Yes Belinda!
Martha Goff
02:03:35
yes Belinda‼️
Kathryn Stanton
02:03:36
Belinda is correct; district willingness to engage in real collaboration is lacking.
Maureen Dana
02:03:36
Yes Belinda!
Deborah Knowles
02:03:40
Plus the student voice
Monica Souza
02:03:41
TY - B
Viviane Ngassam
02:03:46
Agree with Belinda
Nicole Sivell
02:03:54
Ada Hoerl, that's well stated. Keeping the efficiency and flexibility we've developed over the past year is key
Pamela Posz
02:04:02
we need a new governance structure for this
kandy umphred
02:04:10
LRCEA union involvement and safety
Toni Newman
02:04:18
agree with Ada
CCD iPhone
02:04:24
option to telework should be added to our teaching contract
Dyan Pease
02:04:27
Safety concerns are under the purview of the LRCFT and so representatives need to be on any decision-making group.
David Fabionar
02:04:33
Agree with what Belinda said
Rosa Rose
02:04:36
agree with Kandy
Jennifer L.
02:04:43
agree with Linda and Kandy.
Amy Strimling
02:04:47
I strongly agree that each area, division, department needs to be considered individually. As Laurie Perry stated, the Child Development Center should be considered essential for the children who attend and for the students who need the service. Student parents need child care whether their classes are online or on campus.
Lori Petite
02:04:51
Agree with Belinda. we have
Ann Lewis
02:04:59
yes Belinda.
Lori Petite
02:05:05
We have advocated for this at District.
Patricia Harris-Jenkinson
02:05:18
Yes, Laurie Perry!
Pamela Posz
02:05:42
so when will other constituencies be included
Pam Tuzza
02:05:50
Safety - crowded halls - student appointments - crowded offices
Nicole Woolley
02:05:54
Thank you, Belinda. Well said and strongly supported here in chat. I’ve also added to webpage.
Linda Costello
02:06:05
We also need to be sure that attention is given to West Sacramento and Davis centers classroom cleanliness, sanitation materials in classrooms and building air filter maintenance.
Kathryn Stanton
02:06:08
Thomas Burg, is "we" your department or Division? Thanks for clarification.
Sandra Guzman
02:06:36
@ Thomas Burg, what is your Division?
Diana Zaragoza (she/her)
02:06:41
I agree that divisions and departments should have some opportunities discuss what will “work” for them based on their courses, their student populations and their staff. We have to make sure that we don’t apply a one size fits all strategy to this, because we all need different things
Martha Goff
02:06:51
he’s an aviation professor
Belinda Lum-she/her/hers
02:07:11
Thanks everyone. You have my commitment as the SCC LRCFT Pres to communicate whatever information I have forward to our membership, and I will work closely with Senate whenever its called for
Lily Xu
02:07:21
To protect the students, the instructors who would be teaching f2f should be given the priority to receive the vaccine.
Sandra Guzman
02:07:38
Aviation
Kathryn Stanton
02:07:59
Agree w/Lily, would also add to protect ourselves and our family/friends/community.
Albert Garcia
02:08:12
Tom, those department-level plans will be considered in the context of college-wide plans.
sadat zarek
02:08:29
I agree with Amy that each department should be considered individually since the services they provide is different.
Ann Lewis
02:08:32
yes Lily but the desk jockeys will probably be first in line.
Brian Mom
02:08:32
Great point ADA, normal has shifted!
Nadine Kirkpatrick
02:08:33
We need patience and grace and consistency
Karen Tercho
02:08:36
I urge us to practice some patience here (with each other and with our admin team, who are working very hard), given that no one has a crystal ball. We are all going to waste time planning for various unknowns. It’s the reality. And there are lots of details which aren’t figured out yet. Patience and communication are key : )
Wendy Gomez RN
02:08:47
Amen Nadine
Ashley Gibbs
02:09:13
agreed Nadine and Karen
Carmen Hirkala
02:09:25
Thank you Nadine and Karen :)
Lisa Hayden
02:09:45
HVAC in South gym and safety and enforcement of mask wearing, all persons working at campus should be prioritized for vaccinations not just faculty we all potentially interact closely with students and are at heightened risk
Nicole Sivell
02:10:13
Hear hear, Nadine and Karen
Nataliya Yaroshevich
02:10:34
We need a safe equatable space without policing and shaming for those students (dsps) and other with health conditions who choose to be on campus but cannot do a blanket mask mandate or vaccine
Kirt Shearer
02:10:59
I totally understand that we are trying to keep everyone safe. That of course is the priority. I haven't heard any plan or words of support for how programs specific to labs are going to survive. We haven't, up to this point, been involved in any part of the process.
Tami Conger
02:11:05
I may have missed this but, who is on this committee and when was this group chosen?
Pamela Posz
02:11:18
immediately form a new committee
Monica Souza
02:11:21
I agree with Tom, if insight/recommendations/contingency plans have already been brought forward - they could and should still be valid and should be included.I understand how frustrating it can be to spend your energies to complete a plan (like a unit plan) to have it sit on a shelf and then be asked for that same data in a meeting again, and again
Kris Janssen
02:11:27
Dyan Pease's comment about the purview of the LRCFT regarding safety needs to stay at the forefront.
Martha Goff
02:11:28
equity applies to all of us
Kaitlyn Collignon
02:11:51
Reopening Webpage: https://inside.scc.losrios.edu/collegewide/reopening-plan
Martha Goff
02:11:55
I including those who don’t feel safe around unmasked people
Kathryn Stanton
02:11:57
Agree w/Gayle re: PRIE involvement
Virginia May
02:11:57
Agree with Gayle
Chris Seddon
02:12:07
Is the district actually open to union and senate LEADERSHIP in this process? Similar questions have been consistently been deflected to substitute participation and listening sessions for leading the process.
Michie Montgomery
02:12:08
HVAC in many (if not all) of the college buildings are lacking to properly scrub out the virus in the air.
Jeffrey Karlsen
02:12:42
Agree with Gayle's suggestions about using PRIE to organize info about interests
Martha Goff
02:13:00
agree with Pam Posz‼️
Linda Myers
02:14:01
Absolutely agree with Pam P.!
Monica Souza
02:14:01
Pam always Rocks - TY
Velisa Robertson
02:14:09
yes agree!
Rosa Rose
02:14:18
Great suggestion Pam.
Martha Goff
02:14:19
yes Pam‼️
Velisa Robertson
02:14:30
yes pam!
Ann Lewis
02:14:30
yes Pam.
Ann Lewis
02:14:39
ACTION
Viviane Ngassam
02:14:44
Well said Pam
Alan Keys
02:14:58
Agree, Pam
Michael Iredale
02:14:59
What Pam said
Velisa Robertson
02:15:02
action
Kathryn Stanton
02:15:04
There is a continuing theme in chat that there is a high level of distrust between constituents and administration. This has a long history with the LRCCD. Re-opening is a great opportunity to reverse that trend and start re-building collaboration and trust.
Nicole Woolley
02:15:08
Well said, Pam!
Dawn Pedersen
02:15:11
Thank you, Pam!
Virginia May
02:15:21
The presidents of each constituency group or their designees should serve on the committee.
Brian Mom
02:15:29
Thanks Pam, agree!
Baleria
02:15:48
Thank you, Pam
Dena Chubbic
02:15:48
Lori your camera is off
Carmen Hirkala
02:15:49
Thank you Pam.
patti leonard
02:16:10
Please identify yourself clearly for the ASL Interpreters. Also, please pause if/when the interpreters need to switch so that those folks who are deaf can re-pin the speaker.
patti leonard
02:16:14
Thank you.
Clark Hillenbrand
02:16:31
Patti, Thank you!
Clark Hillenbrand
02:16:39
It s hard to tell who s speaking
Jesus Romero Jr “Jesse R”
02:16:45
“There is a continuing theme in chat that there is a high level of distrust between constituents and administration. This has a long history with the LRCCD. Re-opening is a great opportunity to reverse that trend and start re-building collaboration and trust.” Well said...
Carmen Hirkala
02:16:53
Appreciate the communication reminders Patti
Clark Hillenbrand
02:17:08
We need Disabled/Deaf representation in the committee in this process
Kathryn Stanton
02:17:13
If you use "Speaker View" the speaker's name will pop up.
Martha Goff
02:17:36
😂
Lily Xu
02:17:46
Agree. Effective actions come from the bottom-up decision.
Linda Myers
02:18:07
Yes, Lori. The concerns should be addressed from the departments/divisions -- bottom up. Then it is up to the district to facilitate.
Thomas Burg
02:19:11
Thank you Craig!
Pamela Posz
02:19:24
Thanks for your work Davin.
Ann Lewis
02:19:29
as usual, thanks Craig.
HANNIA Parker
02:19:38
We are an open door campus...how are we going to handle traffic from other than staff and students who will not be part of the testing campus/colleges district?
Monica Souza
02:19:48
Is Student Senate part of this discussion?
Tami Conger
02:19:52
I feel this group should include individuals from all areas, not just our senate representatives. I don't feel that the 4-5 individuals in the classified senate have any understanding as to how the Advanced Tech division would run and what our CTE programs may need to run post-pandemic.
Carl Sjovold
02:19:58
Will public health professionals have a seat at the table when these decisions are made?
Kirt Shearer
02:20:31
Agree with Tami
kandy umphred
02:20:34
agree with Monica,
Virginia May
02:20:38
the re-opening at SCC will look a lot different than at FLC for example. The facilities are very different.
Pamela Posz
02:20:47
so when will a new committee be formed?
Ann Lewis
02:21:23
Can we really decide a this stab
Pamela Posz
02:21:31
we would all like a timeline
Martha Goff
02:21:32
a significant number of employees are over 50 with other health issues and highly concerned about vulnerability to the virus 🦠 concerned about vulnerability
Belinda Lum-she/her/hers
02:21:34
Monica— at the moment —Student Senate hasn’t been engaged in a meaningful way
Ann Lewis
02:21:48
stage?
Gioia Fonda
02:22:32
I feel like we need more information. Is there any sense of when California community college staff and faculty will be vaccinated? Is that happening at the school? Is there any sense that the “emergency” will be extended during the transition phase?
Kathryn Stanton
02:23:01
Thank you Dr. Brown, it's good to hear your intentions to include everyone in decision-making.
Patrick McDonald
02:23:10
we discussed using ozone based cleaners at SCC in academic senate. my latest web search indicates that ozone kills coronaviruses.
Belinda Lum-she/her/hers
02:23:23
Gioia — we are prioritized in area 1b. Depending on region and where you live —the timeline for when that occurs will change. For example, Placer County and Yolo County are already starting 1b.
Monica Souza
02:23:42
Gioia - Education is stage 1B and are in the next group for the vaccine
Gioia Fonda
02:23:44
Thanks Belinda
Patrick McDonald
02:23:47
do the medically compromised need to take the vaccine to return?
Tyler Wyckoff
02:23:49
Its about more than inclusion. Its about participation and collaboration. I think that is the problem that many people are pointing out. It's inclusion when you invite us after the foundation for the team/plan has been established. Participation and collaboration means the process begins as a collaborative process.
Mae Handy
02:23:58
Thank you Dr. Brown
Kris Janssen
02:24:04
Please share this recording with the entire college so that all of us can review and so that those who could not be here are kept in the conversation.
Nicole Sivell
02:24:21
Thank you, Wendy!
Martha Goff
02:24:26
are you sure phase 1B includes COLLEGE staff and not just K12❓❓
Kate Tharp
02:24:27
SCC Child Development Center is a critical piece of the return-to-campus puzzle for our students in terms of equity of opportunity on campus and in our wider community. Early education and care supports our parenting students so that they can complete their studies and supports their ability to provide high-quality educational opportunities to their children that they may not otherwise have. That has lasting impact on current students and future students. Our ECE college students and families are often some of the most vulnerable students on our campus. Our ECE lab classes provide invaluable in-person learning opportunities for future teachers and future parents that helps our wider community secure employment and further learning opportunities. Safely returning to campus as soon as possible will help promote the exact outcomes SCC is working so hard to enact.
iPhone Manjit Sekhon
02:24:28
yes please
Chris Seddon
02:24:34
This: “Its about more than inclusion. Its about participation and collaboration. I think that is the problem that many people are pointing out. It's inclusion when you invite us after the foundation for the team/plan has been established. Participation and collaboration means the process begins as a collaborative process.” Thanks, Tyler.
iPhone Manjit Sekhon
02:24:39
share the recording
CCD iPhone
02:24:48
listening sessions need to continue after faculty, student, classified are added to the re-opening planning committee.
Belinda Lum-she/her/hers
02:25:09
Patrick — part of the discussions that need to occur will be ADA accommodations. There is also no statewide legislation that says we must be vaccinated to return
Virginia May
02:25:11
Sacramento County is lagging in getting vaccines out-any advice on what to do?
Chris Sullivan
02:25:18
is higher Ed included in 1B priority some groups/states are placing k-12 only in this group. colleges are variable.
Robert Kelly
02:25:23
If the District could secure vaccines for its entire employee population and start administering as soon as June 2021, our colleges could be fully open for classes as soon as Spring 2022. That being said, online/work from home as well as online course access for students should be supported until an all clear is declared.
Craig Davis
02:25:34
Davin - appreciate those thoughts on how you see process and by no means do any of us who have worked with you think you will not hear us. that said, the way the district has set this up has obviously created a perception that not all who should be involved are at the table.
Carl Sjovold
02:25:37
Thank you, Wendy. That's good to know.
Lori Petite
02:25:56
Thanks Wendy!
Gioia Fonda
02:25:58
Agree with Robert
Ann Lewis
02:26:02
Thanks Wendy.
Martha Goff
02:26:09
agree with Robert Kelly
Belinda Lum-she/her/hers
02:26:13
I agree with Craig
Dena Chubbic
02:26:40
Debra your camera is off
Nadine Kirkpatrick
02:26:47
Debra - great question!
Pamela Posz
02:26:48
a really good question
Tracey Hodge
02:27:22
Debra - great question
Martha Goff
02:27:34
Dena we were asked to turn our cameras off so we don’t overload the system since this is such a big meeting
Kaitlyn Collignon
02:27:43
Reopening Webpage: https://inside.scc.losrios.edu/collegewide/reopening-plan
Riad Bahhur
02:27:52
Yes, Debra! Shift from “how do we reopen” to “what does college look like after this historic pandemic?” More visionary/leadership rather than simply planning a reopening.
Lori Petite
02:27:56
Excellent point, Debra.
Kirt Shearer
02:28:01
Most CE classes cannot survive online. Are these programs still a priority?
Sandra Guzman
02:28:04
Thank you Debra!
Velisa Robertson
02:28:05
good point debra
Lara Gary
02:28:08
Thanks, Debra!
Deborah Knowles
02:28:17
Yes Debra
Baleria
02:28:18
Thank you, Debra
Brian Mom
02:28:28
Thanks Debra...life moves on.
Gioia Fonda
02:28:32
Yes to Kirt’s comment and Riad’s
Rosa Rose
02:28:36
Thanks Debra
Clark Hillenbrand
02:28:37
excellent point, Debra
George Lam
02:28:38
Great points Debra. Thanks!
Patrick McDonald
02:28:39
flex evaluation form?
Duane Leonard
02:28:43
Yes Debra, thank you
Thomas Burg
02:29:02
Kirt is correct.
Tracey Hodge
02:29:11
Yes, thank you Davin for taking on this heavy lift in the beginning stages! Not easy work and no crystal ball!
Kathryn Stanton
02:29:13
Would like to make sure that the district does not use this experience as a tool to force or pressure movement to mostly-online instruction on those of us who prefer in-person.
Kirt Shearer
02:29:38
Agree with Kathryn
Pamela Posz
02:29:41
Agree with Kathryn
Alan Keys
02:29:56
Agree with Kathryn
Kaitlyn Collignon
02:29:59
Reopening Webpage: https://inside.scc.losrios.edu/collegewide/reopening-plan
Nadine Kirkpatrick
02:30:10
I think we have to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. We can do this together.
Riad Bahhur
02:30:14
Agree with Kathryn
Gioia Fonda
02:30:38
Yes to Kathryn’s comment. We are eager to get back but only if it is safe. Right now I feel like we are wedged between DE certification, our sense of integrity for our discipline and our own personal health. It doesn’t feel like we have many options.
Michael Iredale
02:30:44
Academic librarians!
Michie Montgomery
02:30:50
I would like us to open in stages, giving priority to classes that cannot operate remotely (due to lack of equipment etc)
Gioia Fonda
02:30:56
By we I mean art department.
Lisa Hayden
02:30:57
thanks for creating this space and your leadership Dr. Brown
Alexis Ackerman
02:31:05
agree with Gioia!
Carmen Hirkala
02:31:07
Agreed Michie
Dena Chubbic
02:31:25
Pam, what were the different parking changes on the other campuses that you referred to?
Nicole Sivell
02:31:41
Yes, also agree about reopening in stages
Michie Montgomery
02:31:53
Going slowly in opening will also help us to know how to reopen further sensibly.
Sheley Little
02:31:57
Can departments put their comments in writing to address concerns? Where can we send those in addition to the deans?
Kathryn Stanton
02:32:03
Looking forward to the collaboration! Thanks again Dr. Brown and all SCC administration.
Kaitlyn Collignon
02:32:06
Reopening Webpage: https://inside.scc.losrios.edu/collegewide/reopening-plan
Mimi
02:32:07
Yes to Gioia
Tyler Wyckoff
02:32:09
Please take a moment to sign-in. Sign-in form: https://forms.gle/93ARYXXiJP2CiaLy8
Pamela Posz
02:32:21
you can gather feedback and still form a committee ASAP
Dawn Pedersen
02:32:29
I would like the opportunity to provide feedback via email or survey
Carmen Hirkala
02:32:33
Thank you very much for your time and communication today Dr. Brown, your leadership is appreciated!
Nancy Caselli
02:32:40
Thank you for your hard work Dr. Brown.
Tyler Wyckoff
02:32:55
Please take a moment to sign-in. Sign-in form: https://forms.gle/93ARYXXiJP2CiaLy8
Don Button
02:32:59
Student representation should be included in any new committee.
Kaitlyn Collignon
02:33:11
You can add comments here as well. Reopening Webpage: https://inside.scc.losrios.edu/collegewide/reopening-plan
Alan Keys
02:33:14
Thank you, Davin for all you do.
Kathryn Stanton
02:33:15
Agree w/Don re: student rep
Dawn Pedersen
02:33:20
Thanks, Kaitlyn!
Kia Davis
02:33:35
Thank you Dr. Davin Brown
Clark Hillenbrand
02:33:35
Be sure to include Deaf and Disabled fac on the committee.
Sandra Guzman
02:33:58
Thank you everyone! Thank you Davin!
Tyler Wyckoff
02:34:00
Please take a moment to sign-in. Sign-in form: https://forms.gle/93ARYXXiJP2CiaLy8
Chris Seddon
02:34:05
Top priority is our students. Safety is paramount but special attention needs to be paid to classes where hands on participation is essential to learning. Career Education, Art, Music, Labs, etc.
polagrj@scc.losrios.edu
02:34:07
Polagruto was present
Kia Davis
02:34:10
I agree with Clark Hillenbra.
Emilyjane Wilson
02:34:22
It’s a lot to think about and share in one single chat session.
Kia Davis
02:34:31
It will be very important to include DSPS on the commitee
Michelle Poliseno
02:34:38
I think if you click on File, you should be able to download it now
Carmen Hirkala
02:34:44
and Tyler Wyckoff!!!!
Gioia Fonda
02:34:48
I agree with Chris Seddon
Carmen Hirkala
02:34:50
Thank you Tyler!
Anita Sanders
02:34:51
Agree with Kia Davis!
Nicole Sivell
02:34:59
Yes, thank you Tyler!
Nataliya Yaroshevich
02:35:00
Yes Kia!!!
Kaitlyn Collignon
02:35:02
Reopening Webpage: https://inside.scc.losrios.edu/collegewide/reopening-plan
Kathryn Stanton
02:35:03
Thanks Tyler!
Ada Hoerl
02:35:16
You can save chat by clicking on the 3 dots next to the "file" icon. Copy/paste to Word.
Chris Seddon
02:35:23
Click the elipsis (next to file) and choose Save chat
Ahmad Ameerzada
02:35:26
Great job everyone it was really informative session
Emilyjane Wilson
02:35:26
Echo Chris!
Tyler Wyckoff
02:35:29
Please take a moment to sign-in. Sign-in form: https://forms.gle/93ARYXXiJP2CiaLy8
Anh H Nguyen, Ph.D.
02:35:32
please make this video available
Margaret Lednicky
02:35:33
Suggestion: Create a weekly zoom standing meeting starting next week to divide tasks - report back weekly.
Wendy Gomez RN
02:35:40
Your Awesome Davin!
Sandra Ruedas
02:35:53
thank you Davin.
Rosa Rose
02:35:57
Great suggestion Margaret
Carmen Hirkala
02:35:58
Great suggestion MArgaret!!
Lori Petite
02:36:00
Thanks so much for your time.
Tami Conger
02:36:02
Thank you Margaret! I agree
Brian Mom
02:36:02
Thanks Davin
Martha Goff
02:36:04
I don’t have those options on my device
Linda Delgadillo
02:36:04
Flexibility and hybrid options sound great, but some jobs, like the computer labs, benefit the students and should be open, safely, perhaps using the same guidelines as the community, open at 25% or 50% capacity. While, online tech support is helpful, there are students at home that need in-person help…safely. Limiting the lab to student only as the labs were a place for community members to hang out.
Gayle Pitman
02:36:04
Thank you Davin!
Clark Hillenbrand
02:36:06
Thank you all!
SCC - Leila Stone
02:36:06
Thank you Davin!!
Loretta
02:36:08
Thank you
Belinda Lum-she/her/hers
02:36:12
Thanks Davin!
Patricia Harris-Jenkinson
02:36:14
Thank you!